PostDoctoral & Visiting Scientists
- 2013-2015 Dr. Elena Roitberg, Tel-Aviv University (With Prof. Yehuda Agnon)
- 2012-2013 Prof. Anatoly Gitelson, University of Nebraska. Lincoln, USA
- 2012-2013 Mr. Jisung Chang, Hongik University, Seol, Korea
- 2008-2009 Dr. Thomas Jarmer, Free University of Berlin (Now at Osnabruck University, Inst. Of GeoInformatics & Remote Sensing)
- 1999-2007 Dr. Efim Kelman, Senior Research Staff (Position supported by the Ministry of Immigration)
- 2004-2005 Mr. Gidi Aharoni, RAFAEL (Researcher A Level)
- 2000-2001 Mr. Jacopo Pasoti, Visiting Scientist, University of Torino. Italy
- 1999-2001 Dr. Marcello Sternberg, (From 2011: Associate Prof., Faculty of Life Scienes, Tel-Aviv University)
PhD Completed Theses
- Goldshleger Naftali, 1997, “The Impact of Settlement Changes on the landscape of Mount Carmel”
Current Position Researcher (with Tenure), Soil Erosion Research Station, Ministry of Agriculture
- Svoray Tal, 2001, “Estimating Areal Aboveground Biomass of herbaceous vegetation in a heterogeneous environment”
Current Position Associate Prof. (with Tenure), Department of Geography, Ben-Gurion University
- Cohen Yafit, 2001, “ Knowledge-based crop recognition by data sources integration in a Mediterranean environment”
Current Position Researcher A level (Associate Prof.) with Tenure, Department of Agricultural Engineering, Volcani Agricultural Research Center.
- Leonid Sokoletzki, 2002, “ In situ and remote sensing bio-optical methods for the estimation of phytoplankton concentration in the Gulf of Aqaba (Eilat) “
Current Position Researcher, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, National Exposure Research Laboratory.
- Topel Leah, 2004, “Road Extraction Based on Scale Space Representations “
Current Position Adjunct Lecturer, Faculty of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Srebro Haim,2006, “ A Process Driven Boundary Making Model”
Director General, Survey of Israel (Until May 2012)
- Almog Ophir, 2008, “Wavelet Decomposition for Reducing Flux Density Effect on Hyperspectral Classification”
Current Position Principle Scientist, IDF Mapping Unit.
- Idan Porat, 2008, “Spatio-Temporal policentricity Analysis of re-urbanization: the case study of the built area in the City of Tel-Aviv”
Post-Doc Position Department of Geography, Tel-Aviv University, with Prof. Portugali,
- Ronit Rud 2012 , “Indicative Pixels for improving the detection and Status assessment of Plants”
Current position Researcher, Department of Agricultural Engineering, Volcani Agricultural Research Center.
- Gal Avraham , 2012, “ Arceological site investigation using Spatial Data Mining”
- Yael Etzion-Cohen 2012, “Remote Sensing of Airborne Particulate Matter in Near Ground Atmosphere by nigthtime hyperspectral imaging
- Nir-Goldenberg Sigal 2013, “Dynamic Allocation of Ecological Corridors”
PhD Theses in Progress
- Fadi Kizel (2008-2013) "Spatial – Spectral Unmixing" (Expected Submission: July 2013)
- Karnibad Lev (2006-2013) "Shrublands’ Biomass and their Image Texture"
- Shapira, Shay (2011-2015) "Mapping water Content in shrublands" (Passed Candidacy Exam, February, 2013)
- Spond, Hannan (2012-2016) "Reconstruction of Hyperspectral signatures from Shadow" (Passed Candidacy Exam January 2013)
- Chang, Jisung (Starting May 2013) Mapping Shrublands’ Biomass by Polarized Radar Imagery
MSc. & MA: Completed Theses
- Amotz Degani, 1992, "Shoreline changes near coastal structures in Netanya and Gaz"
- Wechsler Eran, 1994, "Remote Sensing of Urban Morphology"
- Kula Raviv, 1995, "Mineralogical & Lithological Mapping in Machtesh Ramon using the GER hyperspectral Dat"
- Guedalia, David , 1996, "The application of Neural Networks for mapping landscape changes from air-photographs"
- Svoray, Tal, 1996, (CUM Laude) "Mapping vegetation types by remote sensing and GIS technique"
- Haimi, Orly , 1998, "Monitoring Historical Coastline changes in Northern Israel"
- Shehadi, David, 1998, "A comparative study of vegetation indice"
- Mangal, Osnat, 2001, "Organizational aspects in developing Geographical Information System"
- Gurfinkel, Varda, 2001, "The Analysis of Repetitive Local Effects along the coastline of Israe"
- Feldberg Idan, 2001, (MSc. Computer Science) "Neural Networks for Change Detection”."
- Zehavi Maya, 2002, "Mapping Agricultural Land uses with Satellite Remote Sensing"
- Cohen Oded, 2002, "A Study Vegetation Dynamics in the sand dunes area of Nizani"
- Rud Ronit, 2003, "Updating Agricultural GIS using remote sensing dat"
- Arnold Dani , 2003, "Photogrammetry of Sand Dune Dynamic"
- Peretz Eyal , 2003, "Data Mininig for target recognition"
- Cohen Tal, 2003, (SUM CUM Laude) "The Study of Patch Dynamics in Semi-Arid Site using Historical Air-Photographs"
- Cohen Avihu, 2003, (CUM Laude) "Corridors Definition using GIS"
- Avraham Gal, 2004, "Spectral – Spatial Change Detectio"
- Frish Shimeon, 2005, "Adaptive Unmixing for Roads Extraction from high resolution imagery"
- Even-Paz Asaf, 2005,"Clustering Dynamic Patterns using Data Mining Technique"
- Gold Sagi, 2005, "Asymmetry in linear feature Extractio"
- Karnibad Lev, 2006, "Modeling Urban Storm Runoff based on remote sensing mapping"
- Friedman Lior, 2007, "Using Shifting Means for classifying multi-spectral Images"
- Tarassov Victoria, 2008,"Classification of dynamic patch patterns based on the Spatial Dualit"
- Kizel Fadi , 2008, "Adaptive Unmixing"(CUM Laude)
- Funk Tal, 2008, "Knowledge Discovery in Dynamic Data
- Gahashan Faris, 2010, "Determining Forest Fire Hazard by Monte-Carlo Simulation"
- Agmon, Ori , 2013, "Change Detection by Unmixing"
- Weinberger Dov, 2013, "Implementation of Genetic algorithms in Image Segmentation"
Msc in Progress
- Ginzburg Vitaly, 2014, "Registration wavelets"